1. Do you ship the products to overseas?
Yes, we can ship our original products and other dealing products to most countries.
2. How do I place the order?
You could place the order via email or at our stores.
3. What time is your business hours? Our store is open from 10:00AM to 7:00PM on Monday through Saturday, except New Year Holiday, but closed on every Sunday.
4. Is international order free shipping charge?
No, the international order is not free shipping charge. The subtotal amount on the shopping cart never includes the freight, the shipping charge and the handling charges. We use EMS of Japan Post for oversea shipment.
5. Is there the lowest ordering price? Yes, the lowest ordering price of products for all international customers is JYen30,000 per order. If you prefer to place the order whose amount is less than JYen30,000, please let us make a claim of the handling charge which is same price as the difference between JYen30,000 and the amount of your purchasing price of products.
6. When do I have to pay the amount? You should make the payment within 3 days after receiving our email showing the total amount including the cost for the products and all other additional charges.
7. Should I pay the Japanese consumption tax? No, the international orders are Tax Free either at retail store or on website. For your reference, the current Consumption Tax is 10% of the price of the products in Japan.
8. Do I have to pay any customs clearance fee or duties in my country? Yes, you need to pay the tax, the duty, and all the other charges in YOUR country, as these charges are not included in our price. We suggest that you should check these costs before placing the order.
9. How do you ship the order? We will ship your order via EMS by Japan Post. We do not use any courier services such as FedEx, UPS and TNT.
10. Can I get the tracking number? Yes, we will send you the shipping information including the tracking number as soon as we ship your items to you.
11. How can I pay? We accept PayPal or Bank Wire Transfer only. In the case of PayPal, you do not have to pay the additional fee to us. In the case of the bank wire transfer, it would cost you some fees for the banks. We cannot accept any other payment method, e.g. bank check, personal check, etc.
12. How do I pay via PayPal?
You need to own the account of PayPal as a precondition. The PayPal account you can use is just one you own. The shipping address should agree with what is registered on your PayPal account to let the products be covered with the insurance. Please let us know if you prefer to use PayPal, we will send you a request of PayPal payment.
13. How do I pay via Bank Wire Transfer?
Please select the "OUR"(Applicant) instruction in the SWIFT instructions. The "OUR" instruction means that you will pay all the transfer charges, includes the fee of the Japan's bank. Then we will receive all your payment. If you can select only "SHA"(Share) instead of "OUR", that is, you can pay the bank fee of only your country, please add JYen1500 on your invoice price because it will cost us JYen1500 as "the Charge of Inward Remittances". If the bank in your country is not based on "SWIFT", please ask your bank and select the local payment method which has the same feature.
14. Can I place a special order? Yes, we welcome the special order of the product that is not in our stock. However we will make a claim 20% deposit of the price of the product. Please note that the deposit would not be refunded once you prefer to cancel the order later. The balance should be settled after we inform you that the product is ready to ship.
15. How long does it take to ship the order? We will ship your order in 3-5 business days after your payment is completed. You could receive our shipping schedule if the shipment delayed.
16. How should I do if I received the products damaged? We will pack the products carefully, and the shipment will be covered by the insurance. If the ordered products reached to you in a damaged condition, please contact to the post office in your area immediately, then contact us by the email as soon as possible. This procedure is necessary for you to be applied to the insurance.
17. How should I do if the wrong products reached? In the case that you received the wrong products or the defective one, please contact us by an email without delay. We will make a sincere effort to solve the problem.
However please agree that there are some possibilities you see the slight scratches and the dusts on the products that won't affect it. We will recognize such items as the quality goods.
In the case you felt some doubt regarding the accuracy or the collimation of the products, or unfortunately you met an initial falure, we will welcome rechecking it if you send it back to us with paying the shipping fees.
18. How should I do if I need repair service? You have to send the items to us in your expense once you need repairing or other customer services. Please know that the items we sell won't be supported by any dealers and distributors in your country. The international shipping fee won't be very cheap. We would like to suggest that you should consider regarding such disadvantages in the international shopping before you place the order to us.
19. Can I return the products to you?
Yes, you could send back the products to us under YOUR expense within SEVEN DAYS after receiving products UNLESS the products used, with or without the defects. However shipping cost for sending back to Japan should be paid by the customers, might be not reasonable as in the domestic dealing. We would like to suggest that you should consider regarding the disadvantage of the international dealing beforehand enough. 20. I am just out of Japan now. Can I order without paying Japan's tax and specify my home or office in Japan as the shipping address?
No, this purchasing will be recognized as a domestic dealing because the last address is in Japan. So you have to pay the consumption tax whether the address is yours, your friend's or the hotel's. If you agree this condition, please order the items on our shopping cart system designed for the domestic customers. We are sorry, we see that the cards from overseas are sometimes not accepted smoothly on our system because this system is designed for the domestic, we think.
--- About the Tax-free shopping at our retail store ----
1. I am going to visit Japan. Can I purchase at your physical retail store without paying Japan's consumption tax? Yes, we are the Tax-free store approved by Japan Tax Office. You can purchase products at our retail store without paying the consumption tax through the correct procedure of Tax-free.
2. How would my purchasing be applied as the Tax-free?
You have to be a temporary visitor to Japan as the precondition. It is not eligible if you have been staying in Japan more than six months or working in Japan. Please refer to the site of "The Japan Tax-Free", then bring our store your passport with you. An acceptable passport is not a copy or the other person's, but only an actual yours.
How can I pay? The payment methods at our retail store are Cash and Cards. We welcome JPY only. We are sorry we cannot accept USD or any other currencies. We honor the Credit Cards including VISA, Mastercard, Amex, Diners, JCB, Discover and UnionPay. 4. I am just in Japan but have no time to stop by your shop. Could you apply my order the Tax-free by the Cash on Delivery to my Hotel in Japan? No, the Cash on Delivery is not allowed as the method of the Tax-free shopping. Please stop by our store because we have to check your actual passport directly if you would prefer the order applied the Tax-free.
5. How should I do if I need repair service?
You have to send the items to us in your expense once you need repairing or other customer services. Please know that items we sell won't be supported by any dealers and distributors in your country. The international shipping fee won't be very cheap. We would like to suggest that you should consider regarding such disadvantages for the international shopping. More details of the Tax-free shopping at our retail store can be found here.
Can I ask other questions to you?
Yes, please do not hesitate to ask us by email if you have any questions. Thank you !
for all customers visiting our physical store in Osaka
We are the Tax-Free store approved by Japan Tax Office.
You can purchase the products in our stores without paying Japanese Consumption Tax if you show us your passport and you are identified as non-resident in Japan.
For your reference, the current Consumption Tax is 10% of the price of products in Japan.
We have also been authorized by National Tax Agency through The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan as the Designated Shop for Tax Exemption Purchase for Foreign Establishments.
You can purchase without consumption tax through the special procedure if you have your identification card to receive tax exemption published by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
Please bring our store your ID and the tax-free-card with you.
We are open from 10:00AM to 7:00PM on Monday through Saturday
Welcome to KYOEI website!
KYOEI (The formal company name: KYOEI SANGYO Co., Ltd.) was founded in 1959, and enjoys a high reputation as one of the leading astronomical telescope retailers in Japan. KYOEI has two retail stores in Tokyo and Osaka, as well as a factory in Osaka manufacturing the observatory domes and our original products for professional and serious amateur astronomers.
Kyoei-Tokyois located at very convenient place in the center of Tokyo. Please stop by our store when you visit Tokyo for business or travel. The store is near Akihabara railway station, and is located with a distance of about 10 minutes by train from Imperial Palace and Tokyo railway station. Kyoei-Osaka is located at just convenient place where it's a several minutes' walk from Osaka Railway Station. Please stop by our store when you visited to Osaka city or other Kansai area including Kyoto, Nara and Kobe. Many railway lines can bring you to Osaka station within half an hour from these attractive cities for sightseeing.
Kyoei-Dome is located in suburbs of Osaka city where is a distance of about 40 km or 25 miles from Kyoei-Osaka. We have started to manufacture the observatory domes in 1985 there. We have supplied a lot of observatories to the amateur astronomers, universities, National Observatories and other research organizations.
All our three stores have their own website as above mentioned which leads you to our skilled staffs in each store. Our website is open twenty-four hours a day for your shopping.
We are the Tax-Free stores approved by Japan Tax Office. You can purchase the products in our stores without paying Japan's Consumption Tax if you show us your passport and you are identified as non-resident in Japan. For your reference, please check the FAQs of the Tax-free shopping.
for all customers visiting our physical store in Osaka